Conferences with the Teachers of the Waldorf School 1919 to 1924
Konferenzen mit den Lehrern der Freien Waldorfschule 1919 bis 1924
The conferences with the teachers of the Waldorf School in Stuttgart are a unique document, for they are located at the pulse of school life, where pedagogy emerges anew, as it were, on a daily basis. By Rudolf Steiner responding to the questions, concerns and problems of the teachers, what is developed in the lectures becomes individualised and shows the viability of the foundations. The conferences have become an inexhaustible treasure trove of pedagogical ideas, they show in exemplary fashion how pedagogical consultation can proceed, they introduce the phenomenology of the observation of the human being and they convey an impression of the atmosphere of the spirit of optimism at that time. All three volumes have now been revised and offer a checked and expanded text version. For those interested in history, the teachers' names are now included in the text for the first time, the pupils with the monograms of their real names.
The wording of the conferences was not intended for publication. It must be accepted that there are errors in the incomplete records which Rudolf Steiner did not review. (Lit.:GA 300c, p. 5)
These two volumes span 1919 to 1924 and cover, meeting by meeting, the development of the first Waldorf school. Participating in a work in progress, Steiner deals with an amazing array of problems, frustrations, successes, and failures. His sleeves rolled up and his sight on a vision that he made a reality, Steiner lays the foundations of Waldorf education. This detailed look behind the scenes will interest not only teachers, but also parents, students, and anyone who wants to know how a successful worldwide school movement arose.
- Rudolf Steiner, Nancy Whittaker (Translator), Robert Lathe (Translator): Faculty Meetings with Rudolf Steiner. CW 300a/b. 2 Volumes: September 8, 1919 - September 3, 1924. Anthroposophic Press 1998. ISBN 978-0880104586
- Rudolf Steiner: Konferenzen mit den Lehrern der Freien Waldorfschule 1919 bis 1924, GA 300 a-c (2019), ISBN 978-3-7274-3002-2
- Band I: Ausführliche Einleitung (E. Gabert) / Konferenzen 1919–1921 English: rsarchive.org German: pdf pdf(2) html mobi epub archive.org
- Band II: Konferenzen 1921–1923 English: rsarchive.org German: pdf pdf(2) html mobi epub archive.org
- Band III: Konferenzen 1923–1924 / Register English: rsarchive.org German: pdf pdf(2) html mobi epub archive.org
References to the work of Rudolf Steiner follow Rudolf Steiner's Collected Works (CW or GA), Rudolf Steiner Verlag, Dornach/Switzerland, unless otherwise stated.
Email: email@example.com URL: www.steinerverlag.com.
Index to the Complete Works of Rudolf Steiner - Aelzina Books
A complete list by Volume Number and a full list of known English translations you may also find at Rudolf Steiner's Collected Works
Rudolf Steiner Archive - The largest online collection of Rudolf Steiner's books, lectures and articles in English (by Steiner Online Library).
Rudolf Steiner Audio - Recorded and Read by Dale Brunsvold
steinerbooks.org - Anthroposophic Press Inc. (USA)
Rudolf Steiner Handbook - Christian Karl's proven standard work for orientation in Rudolf Steiner's Collected Works for free download as PDF.