The Threefold Social Order
Die Kernpunkte der Sozialen Frage in den Lebensnotwendigkeiten der Gegenwart und Zukunft
This fundamental writing on a necessary reform of the whole of social life was written in 1919, a few months after the end of the First World War, in a situation of a new social beginning. In it, Rudolf Steiner, starting from a comprehensive critique of the omnipotence of the unitary state, systematically develops the idea of social threefolding. Steiner shows how the whole of public life is to be divided into three areas: a free spiritual life, an independent legal life based on the principle of equality and a fraternal economic life. Each of these three areas must be able to develop freely according to its own structure and order. Furthermore, Rudolf Steiner shows here how a new social order is only possible on the basis of a new concept of capital and property (neutralisation of capital). Although written almost a hundred years ago, the explanations have lost none of their actuality
The basis for this writing was a series of public lectures on "The Social Question" given by Rudolf Steiner in Zurich on 3, 5, 10 and 12 February 1919 and also in Bern and Basel during the same period. These lectures are published in GA 328.
I. The true shape of the social question, grasped from the life of modern humanity.
II. Attempts at real solutions to the social questions and necessities demanded by life
III Capitalism and Social Ideas
IV. International relations of social organisms
V. Appendix: To the German People and the Cultural World
- Rudolf Steiner, James D. Stewart (Editor), Frank Thomas Smith (Translator): Toward a Threefold Society: Basic Issues of the Social Question. Rudolf Steiner Publications 2019. ISBN 978-1948302166; eBook ASIN B082LYR3LD
- Rudolf Steiner, Matthew Barton (Editor): Towards Social Renewal. Rethinking the Basis of Society. Rudolf Steiner Press 2000. ISBN 978-1855840720
- Rudolf Steiner: The Threefold Social Order. CW 23. Translation by Frederick C. Heckel. Anthroposophic Press 1972 rsarchive.org
- Rudolf Steiner: Basic Issues of the Social Question. Translated by Frank Thomas Smith. Southern Cross Review 2001 rsarchive.org
- Rudolf Steiner: Die Kernpunkte der Sozialen Frage, GA 23 (1976), ISBN 3-7274-0230-X English: rsarchive.org German: pdf pdf(2) html mobi epub archive.org
- Beiträge zur Rudolf Steiner Gesamtausgabe, Heft 24/25, 50 Jahre "Die Kernpunkte der sozialen Frage" 1919 - 1969 Beiträge (Contributions) 24/25
References to the work of Rudolf Steiner follow Rudolf Steiner's Collected Works (CW or GA), Rudolf Steiner Verlag, Dornach/Switzerland, unless otherwise stated.
Email: email@example.com URL: www.steinerverlag.com.
Index to the Complete Works of Rudolf Steiner - Aelzina Books
A complete list by Volume Number and a full list of known English translations you may also find at Rudolf Steiner's Collected Works
Rudolf Steiner Archive - The largest online collection of Rudolf Steiner's books, lectures and articles in English (by Steiner Online Library).
Rudolf Steiner Audio - Recorded and Read by Dale Brunsvold
steinerbooks.org - Anthroposophic Press Inc. (USA)
Rudolf Steiner Handbook - Christian Karl's proven standard work for orientation in Rudolf Steiner's Collected Works for free download as PDF.